Notifications are a great way to share a variety of information. From updates to the app, reminder of deadlines, or to be used in a time of emergency at your event. You can also include a digest of your past notifications in the app. Notifications can be set up to go out at a future scheduled time or they can be sent out immediately.
To Create a Notification:
1. From left side menu select Send Alerts > Create Alerts
2. Click button in upper right “create push notification alert”
3. Enter information for the alert:
- Select the group it should be sent to. All apps can send to All Users, but some packages have the option of having additional alert groups, such as Staff, Vendors, Saturday attendees, etc.
- Date & time you want the notification to go out (please note, you can have these set up far in the future so you can plan ahead!). Pay attention to the timezone shown and always.
- Do not include critical information in your title as it does not show on all devices. Title will show on Android devices by default, but title will only show on iOS devices if app is open when the alert is received. Please do not include emojis. Double quotation marks will be replaced with single quotes.
- Alert body is the message you want sent. On iOS Alerts on the Lock Screen are limited to 235 Characters but are truncated to 110 Characters in the Notification bar. Varies by Version on Android. Please do not include emojis. Double quotation marks will be replaced with single quotes.
- Confirmation code is provided by your Grandstand Account Rep
4. Hit “Save” and answer Yes to the confirmation message.
5. Your notification is sent (or will be if you have set up one for the future)!
To create a link in your menu to your notification history:
1. From left side menu select "Icons/Menu Management"
2. Click button in upper right "Create New Icon Link"
3. Fill out info for setting up an additional link, you can include it as a side menu or a main menu link.
4. Under "Link" dropdown menu select "External News Source or Push Notification History"
5. Under "External News Source or Push Notification History" select "Push Notification History"
6. If it is a main icon area link select the icon.
7. Hit "Save" and click "Update Icons in App" in upper right corner.